---

---

Monday, November 23, 2009

THANK YOU'S


I saw something on Alex'sinfo about this topic. Do you send a "thank you" to casting directors, agents etc. The answer is YES in my opinion. As I talked about in the "Doing the Hustle" entry on this blog, A lot of times in this town you just have to be on someone's radar so they think of you in the future. In other words, you don't have to slam them with job inquiries or multiple reels/ headshots etc. just keep and touch and follow through. You never know where the next opportunity will come from.

Sending a thank you post card, or even an EM, shows at the very least you are plugged into your career and serious enough to make the effort. I find myself on a lot of Email lists, and actors are constantly sending me updates about where they are or what they are doing. Chances are, I will not check out someone's play, or tune at 8 to see your guest spot on How I Met Your Mother. However it reminds me of who you are, and that can be huge. It's all timing... I get some story boards in for something, I'm working away, and then I see an email from an actor I've worked with a few years ago about... something.. and "Hey, this might be good for them" bam, you're on my list that I send my casting director who is busy wrangling up talent for the first call.

I also have to say that I enjoy getting thank you's from actors because I SEND THANK YOU'S to MY CLIENTS. So, I can relate to an actor handling their career this way... it's what I do as well:).

- Scott Young
Commercial Success/ Shoot a Scene. Edit Your Reel

1 comment:

  1. AH! Glad you found the Holdon Log, PerformerNation Newsletter article,

    "Casting Directors to Thank or Not to Thank" of interest.

    Here's the article in it's entirety:
    http://holdonlog.com/pages/AN-CDthankyou.html

    Feel free to subscribe to the newsletter for free at www.PerformerNation.com.

    Other great articles are archived at www.PerformerPages.com

    ReplyDelete